New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

dawn

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  09:35:24  Show Profile  Send dawn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi,I am sorry for keep going on but i am really worried about the measles increase here in the UK. I have booked my son who is 12 for the MMR next week..i feel bad about doing this but feel i need to protect him.Can anyone givbe me advice?Does anyone know anyone who has had measles?Is it as bad as they say.
Thanks
Dawn

Sam

105 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Measles or the Vaccine you decide?

Before measles vaccine there was no scaremongering by the press. It was not an issue. Why terrorise the public now with measles.
Curios eh!
Think about it
Smell the money and global dominance by big pharma.

Measles Vaccination - a matter of life or death- a joke in INDIA

TN deaths put measles shot under lens

New Delhi: A new batch of measles vaccines, procured by the health ministry from Human Biologicals Institute, Hyderabad, is now under the scanner. Four infants died of complications after they were administered the vaccines at a primary health centre in Thiruvallur on Wednesday.
The injectible measles vaccine, which provides 85% protection, is administered only once — when a child is nine-monthsold. Unsure about what might have caused the deaths, the health ministry rushed a two-member team of experts headed by Pawan Murti of India’s National Polio Surveillance programme (NPSP) to the spot.
Samples from various batches of the vaccine, procured by the Centre from HBI and allocated to Tamil Nadu for use in its routine immunization programme, have been sent to the Central Research Institute, Kasauli, for testing.

Measles has been a major cause of morbidity and mortality among children below 5 years of age in India. Recently, India also held the dubious distinction of exporting the measles virus to Australia. Around 84 people in six Australian states were affected. According to India’s Central Bureau of Health Intelligence, in 2005, an estimated 52,500 children were affected by measles.

IN INDIA

Immunization is done at the age of 9 months
The injectable measles vaccine in administered only once
In 2006, 68.1% children were vaccinated against measles
Bihar, UP and North East recorded a poor 30% coverage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shocked when i read this news in todays News about " 4 infant deaths in TN due to Measeles Vaccination". A few days back there was a documentary coming on TV where they were giving figures that even though in INDIA we have a Pulse polio campain but still children get infected with Polio even after vaccianiation as there are certain factors in the society who manufacture duplicate medicine and supply them to the government and the children are given them as OPV , but IT DOES NOT PROTECT THESE CHILDREN FROM POLIO , but the parents think that there children are safe as they have been given OPV.

What are we doing? Has money become so important to us that life doesn't matter?
We can play with childrens life so that we can make more money?

i am a mother and my son is 8 months old now and his Measles vaccination is due next month ,after reading this article , no matter what i will not use any vaccination provided by government hospitals or made in INDIA . I will go and purchase the imported Vaccinies which cost a lot but atleast i will know that my childs life is safe.

Who i responsible for the children ?
Will we let the culprits get away once again?
We should launch a movement and force the government to pay for the deaths? People responsible should be hanged to death , so that no one else will try to play with life again in INDIA . The HEALTH MINISTER SHOULD RESIGN.
And where is Minister for Women and Child welfare Minister now?

http://amritbedi2001.sulekha.com/blog/post/2008/04/measeles-vaccination-a-matter-of-life-or-death.htm

Edited by - Sam on 02/10/2009 10:14:56
Go to Top of Page

Angladrion

New Zealand
153 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by dawn[/i]
[br]Hi,I am sorry for keep going on but i am really worried about the measles increase here in the UK. I have booked my son who is 12 for the MMR next week..i feel bad about doing this but feel i need to protect him.Can anyone givbe me advice?Does anyone know anyone who has had measles?Is it as bad as they say.
Thanks
Dawn

Why don't you have him blood tested to see if he already has measles immunity?

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

laura_c_a

358 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dawn,

The chances of your 12 year old having a 'bad' reaction are slim. In that sense, the DoH and that lot are correct. If you really feel the need for your son to have the combined MMR, then go ahead.

The caveat that a lot of us here on JABS try to advertise, is that SHOULD something go wrong, the whole system will deny any knowledge. As far as the DoH is concerned, the combined MMR is 100% safe and side effects are only minor and non permanent. This means that, should your 12 year old suddenly fall ill within 14 days of the combined MMR, expect the following:

1) When you phone up for help, as your child has a 40 degrees plus fever, you may receive a home visit. In my nephew's case, he did not receive any visits or referals (for example, to go to hospital). His parents were advise to give him infant paracetemol.
If the temperature is still high after 48 hours, it may be suggested for your child to pop into the surgery.

2) By that time, the temperature may have lowered a little, to which the recommendation will be to continue nursing the child. Should the child look "spaced out", well, that's normal they'll say, as your child has been ill with a "bug". And that's what will be noted as the cause of the high temperature - a bug. Something that a parent can not disprove and everyone knows that.

3) Should your child then begin to regress, no explainations to the causes will be given. Should you DARE mention any link with the combined MMR, you will be verbally shot down and scorned. The NHS staff will assure you that, although they don't know what caused your child's regression, it certainly was not the MMR.

The following story on www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1126035/Six-months-MMR-jab--bubbly-little-girl-struggles-speak-walk-feed-herself.html is an example of such typical response you'll receive from the experts.

"Doctors are baffled by her mystery condition and continue to carry out tests to diagnose it and search for a way forward.
They have told Melody's mother there is no reason to believe the MMR vaccine has anything to do with her condition."

4) You, as the parent, will be left to deal with your child's handicap on your own. Yes, there are support groups. Yes, there are medical appointments and special schools. However, in the final analysis, the onus will be on you to sort everything out. Please bear in mind that there are more children requiring the necessary facilities and treatments than are available.

This is only a taster of what's potentially ahead. If you read the experience and support part of the forum, you will get a better idea of what may be ahead. Note the posts written by "pro" MMR types, who ridicule everything that is written by those seeking support and a little comfort. Get use to the ridicule and insults because you'll receive plenty from all walks of life.

All that's left to say is best of luck with whatever decision you chose.
Go to Top of Page

Lola

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  12:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is about 1:540 chance that your child will have a significant bad reaction to a vaccine (any vaccine) compare that with the real risk of catching measles & having a severe life long significant adverse reaction because of it..

I know which odds Im gonna choose for my 13mth old...

Edited by - Lola on 02/10/2009 12:43:54
Go to Top of Page

Suba

United Kingdom
395 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  13:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your child has an underlying condition such as psoriasis a good dose of measles at a young age as nature intended may well clear it up:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2435240?dopt=Abstract

A Better Chances of Survival From Malaria After Measles:
Another startling effect is described in Am. J. Med. Hyg.: "The prevalence of parasites and average density of malaria parasites is significantly lower in children who have had measles or influenza before the age of 9 than in the asymptomatic control group."

An article taken from the Lancet, 1985 [55], may be of decisive importance:
Persons who have never had any visible indication of measles, i.e., never developed the skin rash of measles, suffer more frequently from non measles associated diseases." "The data show a highly significant correlation between lack of measles exanthema and auto-immune diseases, seborrhoeic skin diseases, degenerative diseases of the bones and certain tumors . . . We think that the rash is caused by a cell mitigated immune reaction, which destroys the cells infected with the measles virus. If this is correct, the missing exanthema may indicate that intracellular virus components have escaped neutralization during the acute infection. This may later lead to the aforementioned diseases... The presence of specific antibodies at the time of infection interferes with the normal immune response against the measles virus, in particular with the development of the specific cell mitigated immunity (and/or cyto-toxic reactions). The intracellular measles virus can then survive the acute infection and cause diseases manifesting in the adult age.
http://lyghtforce.com/HomeopathyOnline/Issue2/cover3.html

Go to Top of Page

dawn

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  13:16:46  Show Profile  Send dawn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i am more confused than ever...i feel sick thinking about what to do
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1313 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  13:22:14  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by dawn[/i]
[br]i am more confused than ever...i feel sick thinking about what to do

Dawn

Give us a ring here at JABS on 01942 713565. Stop worrying.

Jackie
Go to Top of Page

mrscat

United Kingdom
54 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  14:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had to have my blood taken as all hospitals now are testing employees bloods for measles due to the continued outbreak, at 40 years of age i have no immunity. Have also come into contact with people who are in their 50's and their not immune either. I have seen people who have had the 2 mmrs whose bloods results came back as not being immune.
Go to Top of Page

scotmum

112 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  23:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is measles as bad as they say - no!

I had measles in the 60's as well as mumps, rubella, chicken pox as did all my friends. I have vague memories of my parents lifting me yp and showing me my spotty face but which illness that was I'm not sure.

The most annoying thing about these illnesses was that I sometimes seemed to miss out on things like school plays. Of course now that most parents work it is more difficult to nurse children for a week or more.

My children aren't vaccinated and I'm not particularly worried by the "massive increase in measles cases" scare story. If they have MMR or measles vaccine then I'd rather it wasn't until they were adults. The autism-MMR link may be disputed but there is no doubt MMR can cause encephalitis, SSPE (brain disease) and even death.

If your children are generally healthy and eat a good diet with fresh fruit and veg I wouldn't worry too much. The chances of them actually catching measles are very low (maybe 1 in 10,000). The chances of actually being seriously ill even smaller - but its your call.
Go to Top of Page

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  08:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotmum

Is measles as bad as they say - no!

Sneezles

Christopher Robin
Had wheezles
And sneezles,
They bundled him
Into
His bed.
They gave him what goes
With a cold in the nose,
And some more for a cold
In the head.
They wondered
If wheezles
Could turn
Into measles,
If sneezles
Would turn
Into mumps;
They examined his chest
For a rash,
And the rest
Of his body for swellings and lumps.
They sent for some doctors
In sneezles
And wheezles
To tell them what ought
To be done.
All sorts and conditions
Of famous physicians
Came hurrying round
At a run.
They all made a note
Of the state of his throat,
They asked if he suffered from thirst;
They asked if the sneezles
Came after the wheezles,
Or if the first sneezle
Came first.
They said, "If you teazle
A sneezle
Or wheezle,
A measle
May easily grow.
But humour or pleazle
The wheezle
Or sneezle,
The measle
Will certainly go."
They expounded the reazles
For sneezles
And wheezles,
The manner of measles
When new.
They said "If he freezles
In draughts and in breezles,
Then PHTHEEZLES
May even ensue."

Christopher Robin
Got up in the morning,
The sneezles had vanished away.
And the look in his eye
Seemed to say to the sky,
"Now, how to amuse them to-day?"

~ A A Milne, Now We Are Six 1927
Go to Top of Page

karen

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  08:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for your advice.I especially liked the poem. The thing is my generation we have no history of measles as we never had it.My mum said her sisters had everything. My son is healthy and i am going to download from DR Donnagan website some info about nursing a child with measles and i think i am going to leave the MMR at leat for a while...
Thank you very much and a special thanks to Jackie
Dawn
Go to Top of Page

karen

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  09:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scottsmum,its very good to hear about other parents who do not vaccinate.How old are your children and how healthy are they?My son is very healthy ie never had antibiotics and i do think its cause he was not vaxed. Have your children caught any of the illnessesWhen i received rubella as a kid i was really ill with artheris which mean i did not walk for about two months and i think that was def related.
Go to Top of Page

advice

15 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  12:53:59  Show Profile  Send advice an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dawn/karen

Measles can be a very serious disease in a minority of cases; I should point out that the scientific consensus suggests - extremely strongly - that the risks of side effects from vaccines are vastly outwieghed by the risks of complications from contracting the diseases themselves. Please think very carefully about your decision and please, please consult as wide a variety of sources as possible; JABS are strongly anti-vaccination and offer neither credible nor reliable information.
Go to Top of Page

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  14:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by advice

... that the risks of side effects from vaccines are vastly outwieghed by the risks of complications from contracting the diseases themselves ...

... unless of course you are the child, or the parent of a child, who is killed or maimed by a vaccine ... albeit diagnosed by a clever medical scientist as 'an act of God' ... or something, God knows what, appallingly coincidental ... or even murder*.

* Remember Professor Sir Roy Meadow, Ko Ko the Clown, Lord High Vaccinologist, Very Important Paediatrician and immensely clever medical scientist ... lest you forget.

Edited by - Cybertiger on 02/11/2009 14:19:05
Go to Top of Page

karen

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  14:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,i was talking at work to people and they had all had measles.They said they were poorly.I am wondering if because my son is 12 if measles is more dangerous as he is older or if the jab is more dangerous or less?Not sure.I did look at old medical textbooks two in fact and they both said measles was nasty/am more confused now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
JABS Forum © JABS 2009 Go To Top Of Page